Lexitus is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Lexitus may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 22nd July 2018
What we collect
We may collect the following information either from you, via our automated training records, or in some cases, from the person who has contracted with us to supply training to you:
- name, job title and responsibilities within your organisation
- contact information including email address
- courses undertaken with us and progress through those courses
- In particular, progress through courses is based on automated assessments. In order to pass from one module of the course to the next, and ultimately to complete the course and (if applicable) be issued with a certificate of completion, you will be required to pass an automated quiz at the end of each module
The lawful basis on which we collect the information
In many cases we have a direct contract with you – the person undertaking the training. In these cases our lawful basis for processing the information is in order to comply with our obligations to you under the contract. In other cases our contract is not with you but with a third party who has asked us to provide training to you. In these cases we have a legitimate interest in processing the information which we collect – being to comply with our contractual obligations to that third party, to provide you and our clients generally with a better service, to improve our offering and for marketing purposes. Where our contract is not with you you have the right to object to our collecting and processing this information. Please contact us at [email protected] or at 50 Ellerton Road London SW18 3NN if you wish to object
What we do with the information we gather
We use the information which we gather to provide you, and our clients generally, with a better service, and to understand your needs and in particular for the following reasons:
- communication while the course is in progress
- Internal record keeping.
- Managing your progress through the course
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by email or mail for market research purposes.
- Where our contract for the provision of training to you is with a third party, we may advise that third party of your progress through any courses which you have undertaken or are undertaking with us as that third party has a legitimate interest in being kept aware of progress
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We only store the minimal data necessary and our retention policy is to delete the data after six years. If you would like us to delete your e mail address earlier than this please get in touch and we will be happy to do so
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so or disclosure is to our contracting partner who has contracted for the provision of training to you.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 50 Ellerton Rd London SW18 3NN
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or would like us to delete your email address, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect and/or delete your email address if so requested.